View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 10:25 AM   #391
Vern2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Xringer,

Swamp coolers makes everything rust. I've got too much investment in tools and machines. They take work, changing pads. The water has to be change offen. I don't think you've used one or your willing to put up with the mess and work. Not counting the damage they do.

AC Hacker,

The worse thing is underestimating unit size. The one I'm trying to avoid is the short cycle from a ASHP that's too big. I figured with the variable speed condenser unit, I could guess-a-mate 2 ton and 600 square feet is way over kill. Now will the variable speed compressor throttle back enough to still run effectively, without creating a short life for the unit. I know the compressor friction of a bigger unit will cost me a little more in running expenses.

Just thinking now that the 17,500 btu may be a better fit. The two units (17,500 - 24,000) are priced $300 apart. And the $300 will help on the tools. Plus the 17,500 is a 20 seer.

♦ Cooling Capacity: 4,000 btu⇔17,500 btu. This maybe my answer.
♦ 0 F to 115 F Outdoor Temperature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vern2 is offline   Reply With Quote