View Single Post
Old 06-09-16, 08:10 AM   #28
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Well that's a lot of good info. I've been doing a lot of thinking about the radiant floor lately and I'm kind of leaning towards not doing it. I'm not sure if the 15k price tag will fit into budget. It's not even just the 15k tag it's the fact that I will still have to install mini splits or a central ac unit to cool/dehumidify the house in the summer.

I have no plans to hook up to a gas line. As the monthly fees are annoying for the amount of gas I would use.

As far as what kind of system I will end up installing I don't know just yet. But a small geothermal system won't be to $$. As I can dig the trenches and things myself. But the duct work will obviously add cost to that instal. But I think with the floor joists that I plan on running the duct install should go much faster

Thank you all for the input and ideas KEEP IT COMING!

I have also thought about putting some cheap heat and ac in and then hacking a system to take over for the long run. Maybe a 3 phase variable speed geo heat pump?

But I'm just not sure i will ever have time for that with building a house and garage.
Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote