View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 01:13 PM   #268
Daox
Administrator

I got to use the blower over the weekend! It worked really good, but the conditions were pretty ideal too. We had about 5" of powdery snow. The chains worked very well. I never had an issue with traction, at least not with the rear wheels. I did find out that I can't turn while the blower is down. There simply isn't any pressure on the front wheels and they'll just plow through the snow. I think chains on the front might fix this, thoughts? In any case, its not too hard to lift up a little on the blower when I need to turn. Overall time to blow is drastically reduced compared to my walk behind blower (7hp 26" cut 2-stage John Deere), and its quite a bit more fun. And, best of all, its really quiet! This thing would never wake up the neighbors.

I am going to need to make a cover for the box where I house the chargers, contactor, etc. When I was done I had about 1/8" of snow on the batteries themselves. I don't think thats a problem at all. But, there was ~1/16" of snow on the stuff inside the box. Thats on the chargers. I didn't plug it in right away because the heat from the chargers would surely melt the snow. The chargers that are in the back of the mower (under the seat) were completely clear of snow and those were the ones I was more worried about initially.

I also ran into a problem with the tractor itself. When I got it from the previous owner, he said it had transmission issues. I never had any problems with it, until now. As of now its stuck in gear. I can shift, but it doesn't get me out of gear. So, until I get that fixed the tractor is parked.

I have pictures and even a video that I'll post up soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 01-17-12 at 01:17 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote