View Single Post
Old 08-18-14, 10:49 AM   #4
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We don’t change out appliances unless they are no longer dependable or repairable by me.
So it needed to be very dependable with good reviews. My sister has one and loves it.
We went with the Bosch 500 series Model: SHP65T52UC

Bosch 500 Series 24" Tall Tub BuiltIn Dishwasher White SHP65T52UC - Best Buy

It needed to clean items without cleaning them before putting them in the dishwasher.

I wanted it to use less energy and water.

We wanted a stainless steel tub. The white plastic starts looking bad after a few years.

I wanted the third rack on the top for silverware this adds 30% more space.

We wanted a quieter one because it is very close to the great room.
This one is only 44db.

We did not want the buttons on the front it and it needed auto sensing with high temp wash.
I wanted it to be well made.

The Bosch 500 and the 800 series could meet this criteria. We looked at them and the 800 series was more money and the only extra option we wanted was a fold down bottom rack its other options we did not care about. The 500 series have fixed bottom rack and all the other options we wanted so we went with it.

The one thing I read in the reviews was plastic did not dry as well because it does condensation drying and not heated drying cycle. We don’t care about that. Drying plastic is no big deal and we would rather save the energy anyway.

One more thing is how this saves so much energy and water is it takes longer than the old dishwashers.
Before it took say 90 min this one takes 2-3 hours. It does have a short run option but we will not use that much if ever.

We bought it from hhgregg it was on sale and they matched the veterans 10% discount that Lowes does. They had $50 gift card rebate hey everything helps. They got it the next day so we did not have to be without one for very long.
Attached Images

Last edited by pinballlooking; 08-22-14 at 01:31 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-18-14)