View Single Post
Old 07-03-12, 12:26 PM   #4
Daox
Administrator

Bits limited makes some very nice power strips.

I've personally used the LCG3 on my computer setup for a while now and it works wonderfully for killing phantom loads. This power strip has one 'master' outlet, a few 'slave' outlets, and a few 'always on' outlets. The slave outlets do not get power unless the device plugged into the master outlet is turned on. So, I plug my computer box into the master, and then plug my monitor, speakers, and printer into the slave outlets.

Bits Limited - LCG3

They also have a 'charging station' power strip which is pretty cool. This power strip works a bit differently. It monitors how much power the devices use and is specifically made for chargers. You connect your devices to the switched outlets and hit a button on the power strip to turn it on. It watches the power draw and when things are done charging it completely turns off power to the switched outlets eliminating any standby losses. This isn't as useful for modern switching wall wart type chargers, but for the old brick types can save some decent power. It also has some 'always on' outlets as well.

Bits Limited - SPG3

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 07-03-12 at 12:31 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote