View Single Post
Old 08-19-15, 12:07 PM   #92
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Nice. I looked into the volt as a replacement car for loml when she needs a new car. I think she will like it but it'll be a while before we replace the current car. It doesn't make financial sense until she needs a replacement as she it a flight attendant and doesn't even drive 9k a year and her car is paid off.

Speaking of mileage. I ended up with a versa as a rental last weekend in cleveland. Now the daughter has one and complains the mileage isn't great. Well after driving one 150 miles over the weekend I understand. I averaged 30 mpg which is pretty poor. I get that with my 2000 taurus wagon(dohc) and it has much more power and actually accelerates when you push the gas instead of just making noise after a long pause of nothing. I'm just not impressed with the mileage or performance of it. For a tiny car and engine I'd expect better mileage than much larger cars with bigger engines. I'd hate to see what the mileage is on our freeways as the speed limit are pretty slow in ohio. Here in tx I have found the best mileage on my wagon to be at about 75 to 80 depending on how windy it is. Mileage is worse as speed limits are slower.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote