View Single Post
Old 04-25-12, 03:11 PM   #33
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Have not found enough real working comments to see what issues they have with frosting... do not want to sleep with my possible life depending on a mech system or the power grid to supply it... There may be no better way than an HRV to best provide ACH but I think enough noncommericial research has been put into it yet.
Well Drake,

It sounds like the following do not seem satisfactory for your needs:
  • Minimum ACH = 0.35
  • Any commercial HRV
  • Ground tubes

So it would be interesting to know if the research you have done has turned up anything promising, that will satisfy your needs?

Have you done any original development work to create a working solution that actually will meet your needs?

I don't think that it is very likely that if you had an electrically-powered HRV, and the grid went down in the night, that you would suffocate. But if you were able to get your house so tight that that a night-time grid failure did cause your untimely death due to suffocation, it would really be something to be proud of. You would have established a new upper-limit of house tightness, and that would give you some serious bragging credits!

They might refer to the incident as, "The Drake Mistake" long into the future.

-AC
Attached Images