View Single Post
Old 05-30-09, 11:44 PM   #7
squeakywalker
Lurking Renovator

Default ryobi makes one

Check out the ryobi one+ trimmer. Last year I bought one at Home Depot not knowing they wouldn't be available there anymore but they are still on ebay. One of the cool things about the ryobi is that it used the one+ 18v nimh OR lithium battery and it is easily swapable if you have a big yard. (I mow 3 acres and with a bunch of trees it to trim around I use up the lithium). They charge in about 30 min ~ 1 hr and again the batteries are and other ryboi one+ 18v tools are still available at HD. Do a search for the P2000 on ebay if you are looking for one. They aren't cheap at $100 approximately shipped to your door plus batteries plus charger but it works well and my elderly parents love it. Imagine not having to deal with mixing gas oil again and the pain of the seperate gas tank and jerking the rip cord until your sholder wants to fall off. Just a quick trigger pull and off again to the next tree. Mine is plenty strong with the lithium battery (P104).

Good luck,

PS Here's a link to one of ebay: RYOBI P2000 Cordless 18v ONE+Grass Trimmer & Edger"New" - eBay (item 140323749195 end time Jun-04-09 19:56:29 PDT)
squeakywalker is offline   Reply With Quote