View Single Post
Old 04-02-17, 12:25 PM   #96
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

If you're still in the wall design phase. Have you looked at buildingscience.com? that's where greenbuilding get their ideas.

they have lots of techniques to explore. Including a section on high r value walls. Well illustrated and often peer reviewed published reports.

I found the recycled polyiso insulation I used on my "winter bedroom" at a roofing contractor. The sheets came off of failed large building roofs (hospitals, ice rinks etc). Mine were in mint condition.

i searched kijiji. I think in the US you call it craigslist. but a quick scroll through roofing contractors should give you some leads.

My winter bedroom used a modified "perfect wall." I like double stud walls and the larsen truss as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote