View Single Post
Old 07-15-14, 12:37 AM   #1
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Ways to make The Mini Split More Efficient

Ive been thinking of different ways to make a mini split be more energy efficient for these krispy hot summers weve had . Ive noticed the mini is running more but it is cooling my entire home.

Ways ive thought . Run the sprinkler on the coils outside. Helped by about 400 watts . But decided against that idea . 400 watts or replace coils .

2 I thought about drilling either 1 loop hole for 1 ton 250ft deep and circulating water with some sort of controller so the intake temp would first go through a radiator and cool down before it came across the coils of the mini split.

3rd way . Would be prob more expensive . But i have thought about doing earth tubes and letting the mini suck in the cooled air from the tubes.

4th way i thought about building a room with the well pumping water through a radiator in front of the mini.

Cutting the fittings and all are pretty much out of the question . I dont want to cut my new mini . I want . I guess you could call them (Bolt ons ) Easy to take off if i ever wanted to turn it back to stock.

Any of yall have any ideas on cheap ways to make the mini so it will be a bit more efficient?

nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote