View Single Post
Old 11-10-16, 04:21 AM   #78
Roostre
EcoLearner

Well... I probably shouldn't write this, but here goes. I've been up all night with a migraine and a big case of anxiety. I have 3 pallets of stuff in my garage and found out a couple days ago that the company I hired to do the permitting has still not turned them into the city.

I went with a local solar place that I won't name here (yet). They told me they would have the permitting done by 11/3/16. Because I did not want to be the reason it didn't get filed; I drove to their shop and paid for the permitting plus the cities fees (They said they would pay them when they turned them in).

I called on it 11/8/16 and was told they were going to get it in 11/9/16. I sent him a text yesterday afternoon asking for a copy of my permitting package and received no reply.

Winter is coming fast. I have the week of Thanksgiving off for vacation and really hoped I could get this done at that time, but now I doubt the city will even be able to look at it before then. I paid these apparent scammers $1110 for the engineering and permitting and now it looks like I will need to find another permitting/structural engineering firm. This is a $6000+ mistake if I don't get the tax credits this year. Really getting depressed about how this is going. Doesn't help that my wife and friends have a big case of the "told ya so's".

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote