View Single Post
Old 12-14-14, 10:30 AM   #23
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love LED. It's just the cost doesn't justify the energy savings. In an unheated garage where it's likely very little time is spent,.... T8's are already very efficient, ...... at normal room tempatures.
After testing this pair of LED tubes I just got, I don't think that I would buy more based ONLY on energy savings. Surprisingly, energy savings was the only category I tested that the fluorescents did better than I thought they would.

I probably spend more time in my garage than Servicetech does. Yes, I certainly have the lights on in there less than in my house. However, in the winter in an unheated garage, T8s perform TERRIBLY! As in, they barely put out any light at all until fully warmed up, and even then, they don't output as much light as they would at room temperature.

I like these LED tubes because THEY ARE BETTER LIGHTS which perform MUCH BETTER in the situation that I am using them in. Instant on, very bright, nice color temperature. The point is, I have a well lit garage with LEDs, and I don't with fluorescents.

There are lots of reasons to buy good products for reasons other than purely a financial return-on-investment.

How does that expression go? "A good tool, you pay for once - a bad tool, every time you use it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bennelson; 12-14-14 at 10:38 AM..
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (01-02-15), Servicetech (12-14-14)