View Single Post
Old 11-20-11, 01:50 PM   #2
S-F
You Ain't Me

This isn't unique technology. It's called hot water recirculation. It gives you hot water on demand. Personally I think it's not such a good idea unless, 1) it's winter and 2) all of your plumbing is within the thermal boundary of the house. If both of these criteria aren't met then you are just wasting energy to keep the water constantly warm. Maybe in some places water is really expensive but where I live the only water problem we have is that there can be too much. The cost of keeping the circuits hot would far outweigh the savings in water. Mostly this is a nicety for people who need things NOW.

It does sound cool though, doesn't it.

EDIT:

Oh snap!

Look what I just found!

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects...circEnergy.htm

That site never ceases to amaze me. Who is this Gary and why haven't I heard about him being nominated for the Nobel Prize? Is it because I don't watch television or read news papers? Or talk to people that do those things either, for that matter.

And I get a bad feeling about this hot water lobster. The name is a little weird but what puts the icing on the cake is that bugged out face staring at me out of the paused youtube video in the opening post. Damn! Plus that thing costs $180!

Last edited by S-F; 11-20-11 at 02:12 PM..
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote