View Single Post
Old 06-14-16, 09:45 PM   #20
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Right. So. I have had a lovely chat with Joe at Morningstar. On the website the controllers I have are said to support the Volt lithium chemistry.

Well. One way to find out. A back and forth with Joe. I pick voltages (conservative) that should suit the Volts charge characteristics. I download the new MS View. Very nice I must say. Input the updated values. Set the dip switches. Flash the eeprom. Easy peasy.

The controller is now reading the first of the new battery packs.

Now: One step forward and one step back ...

As I've already torn one 2x48 pack out I figured. Hey. Why not use these packs for testing. So I double check the cell voltages. 23 cells check out at 3.83 or 3.84. Cell 12, pack one, 3.68.

I will wait to charge that pack. I'm trying to either borrow a programmable charger or buy one. Next on the list I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creeky For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-15-16)