View Single Post
Old 09-18-15, 10:47 AM   #75
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290

I think where my curiosity peaks, is in trying to evaluate the performance of a cap tube system designed to operate at around 0 to 10 degrees F, which is never allowed to drop below freezing. So yes, I'm curious of what the lowest surface temperature the evaporator reaches, but I'd also be curious how much superheat is generated, or in other words, just how starved the evaporator is.

Don't get me wrong; I am impressed by how little energy a box of that size, with that little insulation, can use. I'm interested in doing a small refrigerator project from scratch sometime, and it is pretty apparent that the passive heat exchanger is the way to go (with moisture management).

Yours is the first freezerator I've seen which wasn't a chest type. I wonder though if they all share the characteristic of a starved evaporator. I would think the cap tube is too long, or too narrow. But then again, I don't have much experience there! I'm actually going outside in a few minutes to construct a tiny DC dehumidifier with one of those Chinese Coke can compressors! Going to try my hand with some cap tube.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote