View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 07:59 AM   #9
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Time for an update.
Almost five years ago I built this EVSE. We used it to charge our car two times a day four years.

This last year we usually only charge once a day my son has his own car and drives himself to school every day.

During this time, I have had the one fuse blow twice. Since this was the second time the fuse blew. I took it off the wall to investigate why it was blowing the fuse.
It turns out the fuse holder that I did not really like had the female spade connector loosen up.
This was on the side the fuse was blowing. I crimped it down and resembled it. I built this in a water proof box.

I could see where some heat was building up so I drilled two 3/8 holes on the top and one on the bottom. This will let the heat out.
It is back to charging my car again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (11-18-19), WoodBurner (09-09-22)