View Single Post
Old 11-07-12, 07:28 AM   #113
Daox
Administrator

Well its been a busy few days. I got the insulation mesh hung Monday night and Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon the insulation guy came out and dense packed the wall. Everything went very smoothly and he was impressed and liked blowing with the mesh on the wall.

The wall for the most part feels fairly firm. There is some differences in density. But, almost everything seems mattress hard like S-F suggested it should be.

Pictures:

This is the stapling around the windows. Yay for a million staples. There was absolutely no issues with any staples pulling up. The stapling method S-F suggested worked great. I have an Arrow electric stapler and used T20 staples spaced about 1.5 - 2" apart. I think I used almost a full four boxes of staples on the wall. In retrospect I think 2-2.5" spacing would probably be fine if not a little more.

This is the finished meshed wall.

And of course the finished insulated wall.

Phew, I'm glad that is done. Now I can finish the rest of the room at a more leisurely pace.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 11-07-12 at 07:32 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
Exeric (11-08-12)