View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 06:37 PM   #6
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Its all just lip service

I'm not certain what my fellow eco-renovators may believe about the sincerity of the auto-manufactures. I for one don't believe any of the announcements.

Hiring engineers, Spending billions?? where are the cars.!!!?? With the exception of Nissan (Leaf) and the most recent new kid Chevy Volt. They spin some good stories of what their going to produce and we're still waiting.

It took a man from silicon valley to build a fully functional EV that will switch you off the fossil fuel tit with the first test ride and 430,000 customers didn't even need that. The BIG guys are still short on game. Chevy Bolt you say. Well, take it to grandma's house 200 miles away. You'll have to stay a few hours to charge up to get home. The Tesla Supercharger infrastructure will get you back on your way in 15-20min. Elon has publicly said any of the Auto manufactures can adopt the system if they help pay for it.

I'm stunned to see that none have!!!???

Wouldn't that be nice to be able to drive the Chevy Bolt to Grandma's for an hour or two. Then drive home stopping for 20 mins Supercharge to finish the trip in the same day.

Back in 1997 GM made the EV1 (20 yrs ago) Believe it, it had the drive system with the same architecture as the Tesla. Three Phase liquid cooled electric induction motor and inverter motor drive system.

Batteries, its true the first cars had Lead Acid but the solution was only a few months away Ovonics Nickel metal Hydrate Batteries. These are fantastic batteries.

My S-10 EV truck is the little brother to the EV1 and I had driven it with the NIMH batteries (20 yrs. old) they performed well. GM had a 20 yr. head start.!!!??

Corporate Greed, Shareholders and the big manufactures technical inertia are going to keep the same tin on the car lots. Making press releases, promises and announcements to affirm they have our best interests. Oh yes and the concept cars they have absolutely no interest in ever producing just to make the appearance their in the zone!!!

VW had been making press releases for years on the up and coming EVs, where are the cars?? I have yet to see an E-Golf.

Its just a lot of posturing, to keep you, the customers, interest.
Yep even Volvo "between 2019-2021 will make 5 battery electric models"

I don't believe any of it.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
oil pan 4 (01-17-18)