View Single Post
Old 08-12-13, 11:52 PM   #9
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexsuperne View Post
I have just been playing with a honeywell oil burner, which was running on standard heating oil. I turned the fuel pressure up a bit and mixed some waste veg oil in with it. I reckon I had 30% paraffin to 70% wvo. Runs fine and really belts the heat out.
What made you decide to turn the pressure up and how did you tell how high was enough?
One thing I read said that you might get more soot and need to clean the burner more often, I haven't worked on oil burners before but I remember people used to have them clog up and soot up the house if they were not well cared for, does the higher pressure help with that?

Did the flame look different with the different fuels?

I have the book Sliding Home on order, it's about waste veggie oil and I'm told it talks a bit about thinning with solvents because even if it means that the fuel is not free I'd like it to be as straight forward and simple for this guy as possible and I know of a few places that I can get free oil from so there is a good chance that I could set him up with a winters worth of back up heat for just a few bucks.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote