View Single Post
Old 12-26-18, 07:49 AM   #54
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It is time to put the numbers to this project.

$9,560.56
Geothermal kit
This was 3 ton duel stage, 4 600’ loops pecharged with antifreeze. Custom manifold with pressure gauge, air purge. All fittings and everything to connect it up.

I bought two fittings to connect it to a garden hose to flush it. That is all everything else was included. Everything was color coded for supper simple hookup.

$1,000
2 300’ long 6’ deep trenches, track hoe work.

$350
local HVAC metal shop made new transition and a new plenum plus Mastic, screws Tape, hangers…

$924.47
Hot water buffer tank (You can go cheaper here but I wanted a tank that will last and it only looses 5 degrees in 24 hours with no power.)

Total cost was $11,853.03
Tax credit $6,509.27 Federal is 30% and my state is 25% total 55% tax credit.
My final cost will be $5,325.76

I will be adding a little more cost to the project this week. I will bring in topsoil get grass seed. Buy the copper pipe to connect buffer tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-26-18 at 03:39 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (12-31-18)