View Single Post
Old 12-25-18, 01:53 PM   #53
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The last quote I got to just rip out my gas heat and install Geo unit only connecting duct work was 3K.
I did the whole thing myself for $350 that is new duct pieces and every screw and hangers... It was a lot of labor.

This is my tractor delivering the Geothermal unit to the crawl space.

I did enlist help from my son to get this thing under the crawl space.
We used 5 3” 3’ long PVC pipe to put under it and roll it into place.
The 1” pex was rolled up and it was cold out so we let it out in the sun for a while this really helped.

It was all connected up and I tried to run it yesterday. I just would get communications error on the thermostat.
I double checked the thermostat wiring all good. I looked for loose wires and there were none. I read the whole manual and there was one board jumper out of place I turned that on and we were in business.

It ran all night heating last night and it worked great.

Being that we are in South Carolina we are now running AC EWT 50 LWT 58 nice cool air.

I still have a few things to finish up like run condensate line and re insulate a couple pieces of duct work.

I am very happy to have it up running. Cementing the manifold in the ground worked great you can't even hear the pump running or the rest of the unit.
I hung up all pipe with flexible hangers.

Sorry I did not get many pictures I was really pushing to have in running for Xmas my farther in law is staying and that room does not have heat or AC until now.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-26-18 at 06:49 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote