View Single Post
Old 05-19-16, 04:17 AM   #53
Redmohawk
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Still can't go down to the battery store in my small town and buy lithium anything.
What do you do when the lithium bricks? Sit in the dark for a week till a new one shows up?

In the US lithium batteries are not being recycled last time I checked, because it costs more to recycle them than it does to build new ones from raw materials.
And they are supposed to be getting cheaper so even less initiative to recycle them.
In a small town here I'd be buggered trying to buy a lead acid other than a car battery yet I can order a lithium cell of most size and type and have it here in under two weeks from most parts of the world ..... postage being much cheaper than to ship a lead acid.

No in America recycling anything is very low just like here in Aust you ship most of your stuff to Mexico we ship it to china or India.

Yet with politicians being lobbied by green groups , legal tightening of environmental laws causing business to find the cheaper option it will happen , look to Europe they went from 2.5% battery recycling to 45% in a few years. Lithium Battery's are full of high value metals , not recycling them is madness.
Redmohawk is offline   Reply With Quote