View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 10:11 AM   #19
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290

Haha. This thread greatly entertaining!

As you can tell by my username, I'm a big fan of propane as a refrigerant; it is cheap, and has some great properties. But, we need be realistic: HD-5 is dirty, and has a temperature glide. Although relatively benign if vented, it will blow your face off in the right conditions. (Wrong conditions?!)

I would not recommend the use of HC refrigerants to anyone unable to appreciate the potential dangers involved. But to be honest, anyone handling high pressure saturated refrigerants (of any kind), SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH SENSE TO WORK WITH PROPANE.

If I lived in the country, and had the space, I would set up some experiments to intentionally ignite a leaky system in a confined space, just to see how easy it is. No matter how unlikely an accident may be, someone, somewhere will find a way to make it happen. A person might be smart, but people are dumb. We're living in the adolescent stage of cultural evolution.

Be warned!

P.S. AC Hacker, I personally pray to the gods of entropy. May they sweep my 90s, cool my windings, vanquish my flash gas, and bring tidings of low delta T. Amen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote