View Single Post
Old 12-07-10, 02:53 PM   #4
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

ok the second temp sensor is trivial. connect pin 1 and pin3 to ground on the arduino, connect pin 2 to pin 22 the same as the other sensor. I didn't even shut the arduino down or update the code. the serial monitor just started reading the second one as soon as it was hooked up.

right now they are reporting that my office is 17.93 or 17.52 C and they are 3 inches apart on the bread board. They are sensitive enough that if I hold my hand a couple inches above them the temperature starts climbing within 5 seconds. Now to order 25 more and track down a crap load of wire to do the entire house. This is too cool.

Next step I think will be getting this data logging and accessible online. If I track down some 3 wire or an extra cat 5 cable I'll try the current sensors out but that will take some non-coding work.

<edit> Ok I just ran across this page http://www.pachube.com/ it looks like it's tailor made for what I want to do here. I'll have to poke around and see if It will do what I want or if I need to roll my own. </edit>

<edit #2 > apparently pachube is not free if you want to store data for more then 30 days. the non free options range from really expensive to insanely expensive. $15/month to $900/month with 100% storage starting at $100/month... I'll play with it a bit for now but google apps is likely in my near future </edit #2>

Last edited by strider3700; 12-07-10 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: found pachube