View Single Post
Old 11-16-15, 03:49 AM   #10
TechShop
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
If you're tying to get the best out of your equipment, maybe you should give ebay a try and get the proper part for maybe $30... maybe less.

-AC

I agree, considering the hassle and level of work involved in a TXV swap, pick up the correct valve for your build. Maybe your system will work, but it will never reach peak efficiency with the wrong TXV. You'll pay back the cost in higher electric bills most likely.

I think I paid just about $35 with shipping for each of two 4 ton R-410A TXVs I purchased in the spring.

If / when you go looking, keep in mind that in the Parker / Sporlan language, the V in the end of the part designation is R-22 while a Z at the end is R-410A.

For example, I am using a CBBIZE-4-GA model. The Z means it's R-410A and the 4 means it's a nominal 4 ton valve. The CBB denotes the revision / design style. CBB happens to be an older design.

I've attached 3 documents from Parker/Sporlan that I came across while designing and building my heat pump... I hope that 2 of them may help you, while the R-410 document might help the next guy who happens across this post.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SPORLAN.pdf (2.07 MB, 1617 views)
File Type: pdf Sporlan TXVs.pdf (2.80 MB, 6368 views)
File Type: pdf Sporlan TXVs R-410A.pdf (4.53 MB, 2395 views)
TechShop is offline   Reply With Quote