View Single Post
Old 08-26-14, 08:39 AM   #15
dablack
Helper EcoRenovator

AC Hacker,

It was a year ago in July, so we are pretty much over it now (emotionally), just not finacially. Once the new house is done, we will be well on our way to finacial health.

Exeric,

Thanks for the info on your project. I like the idea of using hot attic air to heat a house (if you need heat). Here in East TX, we don't really need much heat. My family and I like it cold and don't really turn on the heat except late at night probably two months out of the year when an attic would have already cooled down. Also, I will have a sealled attic. For those two reasons, I can't really use anything from your project but I do find it interesting. I had friends that would put garbage bags over their turbines in the winter to retain heat in the attic. It worked well for the Dec/Jan/Feb heating period.

About the multi layer radiant barrier....well, who knows. I worked at NASA for 10 years and sometimes things that work in space don't work on earth. Sometimes they do. I would need to look into it much more before I said yes or no.

Austin
dablack is offline   Reply With Quote