View Single Post
Old 04-11-17, 10:20 PM   #32
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Nope, I got it out the door for like $477. Came out of this '01 SC2:
V see below V

Vehicle was rear-ended at a stoplight and immediately totaled by insurance adjuster. I have been looking around for a while for the right motor at the right price. Went and drove this one a couple laps around the salvage yard Friday, dickered with counter guy, and pulled the trigger. They pulled it Monday and I went and got it this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see they left just about everything on the block. Intake, injectors, sensors, clutch, etc. are all still there. Should be real easy to swap.

Not sure if I'm going to build up the motor out of my car or not. It depends on how this one performs. My '02 SC2 did fine driving to work and back 6 days a week, 50 interstate miles each way for a year or so, then I got a job across town. The stop and go traffic, stoplight every mile or less, did it in. It seems the previous owner tried to overhaul something and chipped a piston on reassembly. The rapid heat cycling broke the chip off enough to lose most of the compression in that cylinder. The head and block look ok from above, plus I took the car off the road before something bad happened to the engine. Once it comes out, I'll do a better autopsy.
Attached Images

Last edited by jeff5may; 04-11-17 at 10:54 PM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote