View Single Post
Old 07-07-17, 09:25 AM   #33
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Ok that makes sense. So with the ice tank idea the compressor will work harder do to running a lower pressure on the cold side to get below freezing. Makes sense.

My latest idea. Is to run a smaller compressor say 6-8kbtu unit off of my solar during the day. To freeze/cool the tank down as much as possible. Then have a larger unit of maybe 12kbtu or so to help out in high demand.

We have noticed that the house is very well insulated and does not have a lot of heat gain in the hottest part of the day. We have spent a few nights offer the 4th of July weekend setting the thermostat down to 73 at night. Then when we got up we set it to 84 because we spent most of the day outside. By the time we would go to bed the house would be at 80 or so. The outside temp was in the upper 80s and low 90s all weekend with very high humidity. Night time lows were about 70 and still very humid.

I have a whole house kW meter I'm going to hook up to the ac unit and try to get some average readings in the next week or so. Just trying to get a better idea of what the houses actual cooling need is
Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote