View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 06:13 AM   #1760
johnnypeste
Lurking Renovator

Default very extensive information

Hi friends,
I found this site doing a google search. It seems very interesting, but it has almost 200 pages!!!
I'm in a hurry to know if what I thought makes any sense and I would love to read a quick answer from you guys.
I have a house with 200 m2 heated by a diesel furnace and hydronic radiators distributed all over the house (high temperature water of about 70 ºC).
This setup consumes a lot of diesel and in the past I thought on replacing the diesel furnace by a wood pellets furnace keeping the radiators.
However, recently I've installed a photovoltaic solar panel array of 8 KW and an electric heat pump started to make sense. However, my electricity provider pays me for the produced PV electricity and so saving in my electricity bill still makes sense.
The GSHP has a better COP but the installation cost is prohibitive. Then I found this site which claims that a DIY GSHP will cost under $2000.
Of course I presume this price does not include any kind of radiators. My main question is: Can I maintain my hydronic radiators with a $2000 DIY GSHP or the required temperature is too much for this system to be efficient?
Best regards. Joao
johnnypeste is offline   Reply With Quote