View Single Post
Old 10-19-08, 09:30 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default To rake, or not rake leaves?

This weekend I found my wife raking the lawn. I asked her why she was doing this. She said she didn't know, she just always raked in the fall.

So, we looked up why you're supposed to rake. I guess the the leaves block the sun and can kill the grass. It also is a good idea to dethatch the lawn (get up the dead grass clippings) so the lawn can breathe.

Okay, this makes sense. Kind of a huge pain with a big yard though. I've never really raked leaves before and the lawn has never been that bad (never been great either admittedly). I really don't like the idea of raking leaves and having them hauled off by trucks. So, if I do end up raking, I'll definitly just throw them on in a pile and decompose them on my own land.

Do you rake and dethatch, or just let leaves decompose over winter and spring?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote