View Single Post
Old 01-16-14, 10:37 AM   #118
Daox
Administrator

I just reprogrammed my thermostat for some additional savings. It used to be 70F while I was at home and awake, and 60F when I am not and while I'm sleeping. I have now made it so that it is 70F when I am home and awake, 60F when I am at home and sleeping, and 50F when I am not home.

Depending on how well this works, I might try to drop my temperature while sleeping, and bump the temperature up in the morning to get ready for work. I currently just keep it at 60F until I leave the house in the morning, and then it goes to 50F.

I'm hoping these changes show up good on my energy usage. Its been a very cold winter so far.

Here is my typical week day when I'm home in the afternoon.

Here is my typical week day when I'm not home in the afternoon. Dropping the temp to 50F should show sizable gains on these days especially.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 01-16-14 at 10:46 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote