View Single Post
Old 07-16-14, 09:58 PM   #127
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
It would allow the user who might already own a $300+ tablet that has bluetooth to add the USB > Bluetooth adapter such as you linked to, in order to run an advanced user interface.

I don't think we want the requirement of owning a $300 tablet to be a barrier to being able to build, program, run and modify a General Purpose Controller.

I think we want to keep our target audience as large as possible.

There must be a way that opting for the bluetooth/tablet interface could be easily accomplished, with regard to including the required code and libraries, etc.
Much easier to use a Bluetooth UART adapter. It can connect to the UART pins and override the USB to UART that normally connects to those pins. Very easy to have it use Bluetooth with the module installed and USB without the module. If you want to dynamically switch between them, add a little logic to connect and disconnect the transmit pin on the Bluetooth module. Or use a microcontroller with more UARTs and use another UART for Bluetooth, but I can't think of a compelling reason to use USB and Bluetooth at the same time.