Thread: Hello from PA
View Single Post
Old 02-14-14, 08:54 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site David!

When you say the insulation has been upgraded, what do you mean? Have you gone through the house and done air sealing?

Something seems quite wrong. 5 gallons a day seems a LOT of heating, even for 2000 square feet. That is 700,000 btu per day. Your location is around 1100 heating degree days.

To compare, my average for this January was 430,000 btu per day. My house is 1600 sq/ft. That was with 1750 heating degree days. I have no insulation in my upstairs walls at all (downstairs is a mix of good and traditional insulation methods), and my house is fairly leaky air wise. I do have a ~93% efficient furnace. I keep the temp at 50F when I'm gone and 70F when I am at home. So, my average temp probably is a little lower than yours, but my ambient temp is a fair amount lower than yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote