View Single Post
Old 08-19-12, 01:26 PM   #4
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I'm interested in the data myself but am really unsure of how to do it. I don't have the equipment and am unsure what I would need and if it involves Arduino, I'm not sure I'd spend the money or want to spend the time to try and program it all. If I can figure it out, I'd gladly post details although we are quickly losing our 80+ days here, once September rolls around we have overnight temperatures that are at the bottom of the 60's and I don't need the air conditioning for my own comfort anymore.

Since 8/7 I've only run the A/C once when it was 55 degrees outside overnight to see what the electrical consumption was(2100 watts for my 2 ton) and if I could do some super-dehumidification. Turns out it's a great way to frost the coil, it didn't freeze up but there was less airflow at the 30 minute mark and I can see the cap tube and some of the copper loop tubes through the overflow of the evaporator and was seeing some light frost and the humidity wasn't dropping so I shut it off. It all works great at 60 degrees though.

So basically I haven't run the A/C in a little over a week, it's 70 downstairs, 73 upstairs the dew point is great inside and outside because we've had overnight lows in the high 50's for about a week now and we've had cloudy skies and rain. My chances to log heat swings with good data aren't the best right now. I could log the winter stuff coming up but I'm not sure I feel like explaining how I survive the winter indoor temperatures that I live in.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote