View Single Post
Old 06-26-16, 12:10 AM   #3
nupur
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEnd View Post
Before solar you need to do consumption reduction. Hire a home energy auditor to come and evaluate your house. They should do a blower door test as well as thermal imaging to find where your air leaks are etc... As well as recommend any insulation upgrades you may need. Air leakage and your behavior are the leading drivers of energy consumption. After that reducing demand by technological means (insulation, light bulbs more efficient appliances) allows those savings to go even further.

Your location says you are in India, so I have absolutely no idea who to contact over there. My first thought is to hunt down someone with a Ph.D. in HVAC (refrigeration engineering) and see if they know someone who does residential work.

Yes, I have been told to carry out the process. I have also been told that apart from saving on my electricity bills, I can sell the electricity if feasible. If that can cover my costs on setting up the solar panels and give me good returns, I might as well should go ahead with it.
nupur is offline   Reply With Quote