View Single Post
Old 10-07-13, 08:10 AM   #4
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Jeff5may

The unit is 5kBTU I think? The condenser took a good hit and one of the elbows on the end is crushed but it held a charge. The condenser is bent perfect for the scrap bin. As far as running it outside not an option here in Canada. COP would take a huge hit in the winter.

Thanks for the cheer but spending forty hours a week standing in front of the machines and then time spent there on the weekend sucks. The up side after 30 some years making goodies for the industries things I make for myself can be made pretty with ones eyes shut. Selling these things on-line I think one would be hard pressed to make shop-rate.
I do get the expression when someone gets to watch the machining in action " man what I wouldn't do with these machines in my garage or basement" Well yes it is cool but you can never have enough. After you have a lathe you require a drill press then a mill then drills, endmills, turning tools and the list is ever expanding.

I have been bitten by a bug. Efficiency. After spending so much money on energy and finding these technologies so effective on the bottom line. I`m hooked. It took a oil bill that I couldn`t afford to make the tipping point. I knew about these things Heat-pumps solar, LED, CFLs. But I was so caught up on traditional thinking. I`ll do what every one else does. Work harder and pay that fuel bill. Replace that light bulb with another. The brakes had to be applied hard.

I have to thank people like Gary at builditsolar and the AC Hacker for setting the course. I`m impressed on what solar and heat-pump technologies can do for us.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote