View Single Post
Old 01-04-13, 11:58 AM   #30
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by opiesche View Post
Also, as far as pump size is concerned, I don't know how small a pump you want to use, but I'm running this one:

0015-MSF2-IFC - Taco 0015-MSF2-IFC - 00R 3-Speed Cast Iron Circulator - Integral Flow Check, 1/20 HP

It's completely silent and runs at speed 1 (78W). I've got over 1000 ft of tubing with the longest loop being 250ft, and the pump has no problem achieving 1gpm flow, which is plenty for my purposes. The pump shouldn't need to run more than 15 minutes out of an hour, good insulation provided, which would put it roundabout 460Wh a day.
I haven't even come close to choosing a pump yet. However, I'm really thinking that I'd like to go with an ECM pump due to increased efficiency and variable speed. This will probably end up being a Grundfos Alpha or Wilo ECORFC.

I have another thread about ECM pumps here:
http://ecorenovator.org/forum/applia...cm-motors.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (09-11-14)