View Single Post
Old 05-11-12, 08:19 PM   #8
S-F
You Ain't Me

In MA you can have a free energy audit through the utility companies and they will preform a blower door and combustion safety test. Is there anything like that where you are? I think you may have a hard time getting meaningful results with a couple of those little fans. With a blower door you would probably discover more even with just depressurization. Doors and windows will whistle and you can walk around and notice drafts. But if all you are concerned about is combustion in the basement you can stack two box fans at the top of the basement door,seal off any openings and just pressurise the basement. Small fans will have an easier time working on a smaller area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."

Last edited by S-F; 05-11-12 at 08:23 PM..
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote