View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 01:11 AM   #15
osolemio
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Outstanding post, many underlying principles explained.

Lots more info at your suggested link (above).

-AC_Hacker
Thanks!

This is what made the foundation of the seasonal storage function of my system:

Greener Shelter

The system mentioned above is driven by convecting air, driven merely by the flow created as the density of hotter and colder air starts circulating.

My system is waterborne (hydronic). But note that I do not circulate the same liquid all over the system. Basically, there are three main "blood vessels" in my system:

Heating system, connected to a 100-house central heating gas fired (mandatory subscription) system. This circulates in the 2750 USG main water buffer, as well as into underfloor heating and radiators. It is pressurized as these systems normally are.

External storage system: Also water based, but a separate system. The water pressure is much lower here, just the normal pressure of about a 10 feet water height. This goes into the three 300 USG water tanks, into the underhouse long term seasonal storage, and around the foundation for another reason I think I explained before.

The last one transports the heat between the two circuits mentioned above, and the solar heating panels. I can direct and redirect as I wish, to transfer between either of the two, or all three of them, using several valves. This one is glycol based, as it will freeze at times during the winter.

All three circuits are connected using two heat exchangers. One built into the main water buffer connects the two water based strings, and the external storage string is connected via an external separate heat exchanger.

Check my previous posts, I have posted diagrams earlier - simplified ones.