View Single Post
Old 11-19-17, 11:01 PM   #16
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I went to the local Amish mafia bent & dent salvage store on Friday and found a HUGE selection of last year's models of LED lights for cheap. They had a whole shelf full of GE LED bright stik bulbs: 2 bulb packs of 75W equivalent / 14W actual for $3.00 and 3 bulb packs of 60W equivalent / 10W actual for $3.50! Needless to say, I bought a bunch of bulbs. I let momma pick out what color to buy, and surprisingly she chose daylight 5000K.

The bright stik 75 bulbs quickly found their way into the fixtures that were occupied by 14W Ecosmart 5000K CFL bulbs: can fixtures in the kitchen, hallway and staircase ceiling fixtures, and the garage. The bright stik bulbs are every bit of 150 Lumens brighter than the same actual wattage and color temperature Ecosmart bulbs. Actually, the 10W bright stik bulbs are much closer to the output of the 14W Ecosmart bulbs. I just wonder how bright the 100W equivalent bulbs are (none that powerful on the shelf).

Edit: they had them on the next visit! Cha ching!

I believe I paid $5.00 each for the Ecosmart bulbs just a few years back and I don't regret it. These bright stik bulbs aren't the same caliber as the dollar store LED bulbs. Much better quality and efficiency. I MAY END UP BUYING MATCHING BULBS AT FULL PRICE to fill in some gaps. This is uncommon for me to make a strong choice about a certain product, but these lights sure look like they're worth every penny. I would much rather do that than fight with my wife over the last few bulbs. She's trying them out in the bathroom this weekend, and I might not get any of them back...

ten watt bright sticks vs 14 watt ecosmart daylight color

Last edited by jeff5may; 02-09-18 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: more info
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote