View Single Post
Old 05-06-20, 08:44 AM   #22
menaus2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Location: Driftless Region, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy,Virgo Supercluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
What is your boiler pipe made of?
The pipe is 2 runs of 1" Oxygen Barrier pex with 5 layers of bubble foil insulation wrapped around it. Its inside an 8" corrugated solid plastic drain pipe. I don't think "boiler pipe" is the right term but close enough!

Attached are some pictures of how the boiler pipe is roughly connected to the panel & the house. I had to get a little creative running the last bits above ground. Always room for improving the insulation. I used a scrap piece of 4" draintile to give it some protection. I'll find some way to hide it eventually.

One the pictures shows the temperature sensor. I placed it in the middle of the panel to run off the air temperature inside. I can always adjust the temperature delta from the controller. I think it's at 50F delta between the collector & tank for on and 40F for off. I used speaker wire pulled through the boiler pipe. The pipe had a plastic twine run through it when I bought it for pulling wires. Wire pulling lubricant really helped!

Getting closer!

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 05-06-20 at 11:50 AM..
menaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menaus2 For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-06-20), pinballlooking (05-06-20)