View Single Post
Old 03-17-20, 07:40 PM   #3
jerryv
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Renovator View Post
What sort of solar modules were you considering? 60 cell modules? 72 cell modules? 36 cell modules?
What total solar module nameplate wattage are you aiming for?

If you've already decided or have some modules you are looking at:
What is their nameplate voltage and total wattage of each module?
How many modules were you looking to get?

As a sanity check:
What are you looking to do with this system? (aka what are you looking to power with it)

This information along with the information from the solar charge controller you bought should help you figure out how to wire them in a way that won't blow up your solar charge controller or substantially limit output.

Don't expect the Walmart "deep cycle" batteries to last too long. Lead-acid batteries don't last long to begin with but taking small batteries(relative to typical solar applications) that are not designed for solar might not last as long as you expect, but it all depends on usage. Lead-acid batteries of any type don't like to be cycled down more than 50% from full, lesser quality batteries you would want to baby more.
Thanks for replying. So I have the panels now, 15 @ LG 335W. I've attached images of the back of the panels, the charge controllers I currently have and the inverter.
I'm not having it grid tied as the city(permitting) is going to be on hold for a while so just going to move some key items to this setup, so sort of like off the grid for these items. Later when things clear up with COVID19, would like to work on the grid tie solution which I know would require some components changed but right now do not have the resources (logistics and funds) so want to get this setup going with what I have. Just not sure how to connect everything and have been researching a lot on Google. Appreciate your help.
Attached Images

jerryv is offline   Reply With Quote