View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 10:26 PM   #56
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Renovator View Post
"crappy Tru-Blu"

Not sure why you say that. They are decent filters and they don't cost much, 2 for $3, when on sale. They do a good job of protecting the A-coil from getting gunked up without adding additional static pressure(resistance to air flow) when changed out fairly often.
I second that opinion. The main filter in a central HVAC system is not meant to be a HEPA filter. They're there to keep the bugs and lint off of the heat exchangers and to cause as little pressure drop as practical. One of the worst things you can do to destroy performance is to put in a filtrete filter in the spot that the factory one came out of. They drop way more pressure than they should and starve the air handler. Everything wears out faster when it runs 30 to 60 percent longer cycles to satisfy the comfort load.

If you feel the need to have super clean air, buy a HEPA filter and use it. That being said, I hope the super hotrod air filter works out for you. I sure hope it doesn't stress out the central HVAC system. I'm sure those things cost a pretty penny when they go south.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote