View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 03:08 PM   #4
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I've heard of people using electric soil heaters, I don't know much about them and they might cost more than what they are worth but its something that might work out with one of those plastic greenhouse things. I should plant a garden too, I missed out my chance to plant apple trees last year because I was trying to get rid of a monstrosity in my backyard sitting right where I wanted to plant the trees.

Potatoes, they seemed pretty easy growing them when I was a kid, I remember just digging a hole and dropping them in and then digging a bunch of them out of the ground later, which the labor of digging them up was a bit of work but wasn't too bad. I'd do that but getting a 10 pound bag for a few bucks and I'm set for a long time.

If you like radishes, or if you haven't had them before and like a surprise, they are easy to grow, not much different than growing carrots. If I remember right they were the first things to be ready to eat and I think peas took the longest. Grew pumpkins and sunflowers once, both were fun to grow but pumpkins took tons of space just to grow a couple of pumpkins and the sunflowers that I grew were about 8 feet tall, had gigantic seeds but they were fuzzy and were soft and wouldn't split open , I suspect they aren't the same as the ones bred for eating.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote