View Single Post
Old 08-25-13, 12:25 PM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Looks and sounds to me as if the compressor outlived its predicted age. I doubt the factory would consider this a freak failure: the unit did not fail in a violent or strange mode. Maybe some engineer would specify rivets or loctite, but I doubt it. The unit wasn't meant to be a brick.

Why is it that the pros at the other site poke sticks at everyone's problems? There is a huge amount of useful information circulated there, but one must wade through endless potshots and pious opinions to glean the gold. I understand they are skilled craftsmen who get lots of questions from lay persons, but they seem to treat each other the same way.

It seems the HVACR industry is this way in general, but it's really not...there are lots of awesome techs out there in the trenches. Plenty of problems are cured with only a single truck roll to a property. Tech shows up, tech diagnoses and repairs problem, tech goes on to the next one, no more problems for 5 to 10 years. Customer is happy and doesn't feel demeaned in any way.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote