View Single Post
Old 11-22-10, 11:54 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Looking at a new washer/dryer (washer/dryer bought & installed)

Our current washer/dryer we bought with the house. They're high capacity and roughly 12 years old. I've had to fix both of them once in the two years we've owned them. We've also remodeled a nook upstairs this summer for a washer and dryer since my wife wanted 1st floor laundry which is understandable considering the dungeon like ambiance of our basement.

So, today I went to the local appliance store and looked at washers and dryers. As with the efficient TV list I made a while back, I did the same with the washers that ranked them by water usage (since electric usage is very similar). I printed out the first page o the list, took it with me to the store and showed it to the salesman to help find the units I was interested in. The list is attached.

I've narrowed the results down to two models of washers:
Maytag MW6000XW
Frigidaire FAFS4474LW

Price wise them plus the dryer is very similar as are the features. They're also very high up on the energy star ratings. In fact, the Maytag is the top unit. It is also CEE Tier III certified.

I did look at the LG vent less / heat pump dryers. We've had horrible luck with our LG appliances and we would rather not invest in the companies products. Unfortunately, they are the only ones making the vent less units. My wife also does most of the laundry over the weekend, and having a washer/dry does speed things up so the two units does make a little more sense. Although I really love the idea of one machine doing everything. It just makes sense to me.

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xls EnergyStarWashers.xls (96.5 KB, 777 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 12-06-10 at 07:16 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote