View Single Post
Old 10-04-12, 03:46 PM   #6
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider3700 View Post
so they hide the coils on the bottom now? what a horrible spot to put excess heat.

My new fridge they're on the back but embedded into casing giving it a smooth back.

What I did on my old fridge was use that foil covered bubble wrap to create a barrier between the compressor and the fridgebox. I then carried it up the back between the fridge and it's coils so the excess heat stayed away from the cold. You could do similar at the bottom between the compressor and the coils to help keep that heat away from the cold area.
You have to start reading the posts before you post as in both your post now they are assuming the wrong information then coming to a conclusion, your making my first thread here a laborious one lol.

"But " since you missed it i will post it again ~~~~~I made a 4 layer sheet of the SolidBlack to stick to the bottom of the fridge,one piece from the kick panel to the back vent area, both inside lower sides are covered as well.
I used 3m Super77 spray adhesive to bond the layers together then to the fridge.~~~~~~~
I feel that the condenser coils are are in a much much better position then your fridge with its coils embedded into the back. To be brutally honest that is bad technology from years ago when fridges sucked energy 600+ watts.
Its not a new idea or a good one, it may cool the condenser coils down but at the cost of the fridges cooling. Sorry to dis your fridge but its how i understand it.

Doax i do not have a watt meter,next month i will pick one up on ebay.

Last edited by ecomodded; 10-04-12 at 04:42 PM..
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote