View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 01:02 PM   #367
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Things to thing about when buying a used volt.

The hold feature came in 2013. If you know you are going past the EV range and some driving is on interstate and the some is in town. You can use the hold feature to make the motor run on the interstate and use EV where it is more efficient. I like this feature.

2013 Chevy Volt And The New EV Hold Mode: Feature Spotlight | GM Authority

Each year they increased the battery size. You get a few more miles each year newer you buy. It should anyway.

If you buy an extended warranty it is best and cheapest to do it before the 36,000 mile warranty runs out. Do not buy the extended warranty from the dealer you buy it from unless they will give you a great price. You can buy the GM extended warranty from any dealer and I can point you to people that will discount it a lot. This information is on the Volt forum.
I saved many $$$ when I told my local dealer what I could get it for else where he dropped the price 1,000 on the spot and still was not completive.

Depending on the range you need the extra battery my not be a big deal but now you know.

Chevrolet Volt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“The 2011 Chevrolet Volt has a 16 kW·h / 45 A·h (10.4 kW·h usable) lithium-ion battery pack that can be charged by plugging the car into a 120-240 VAC residential electrical outlet using the provided SAE J1772-compliant charging cord. No external charging station is required.[62] The Volt is propelled by an electric motor with a peak output of 111 kW (149 hp) delivering 273 lb·ft (370 N·m) of torque. Capacity of the battery pack was increased to 16.5 kW·h (10.9 kW·h usable) for 2013 models, which increased the all-electric range from 35 to 38 mi (56 to 61 km). Other specifications remained the same. The battery pack capacity was increased to 17.1 kW·h for 2015 models. This incremental upgrade is likely to reflect in an improvement in range over previous model years, but as of July 2014, the 2015 Volt has not been re-certified with the EPA.[3] “

There some other little things but these are some of the big ones.

There are no tax credits on used EV but the price usually reflects the tax credit by a lower price.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote