View Single Post
Old 03-18-14, 10:14 AM   #7
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
Ive found a lg geospring for pretty cheap . The guy says that the EEV valve is bad. Gives a FF code . Guy says heat pump works great until it shows that code . Ive been giving thought to buying it and fixing it . Thought about switching it to ground source . But am not sure it would really be worth doing. With our average weather down here . I could probably benifit dearly during the summer with the dehumidifier. Has anyone got any comments on it.
It's almost worth the money for the EEV valve alone, which can probably be repaired.

I think that you are correct in saying that there is probably not so much benefit in going ground source for just a water heater, when looking at the typical Mississippi weather. The unit will give you some dehumidification, but when the tank is up to temp, the dehumidifier will stop.

But if you can bring this thing back from the dead, it would make an awesome water heater.

However, if you were to make the decision to go ground source all the way, and use a ground loop to be a heat and cool reservoir for ALL your vapor-compression equipment:
  • Refrigerator
  • Water Heater
  • A/C
  • Heat

Your domestic energy efficiency would become legendary.

Nobody on this forum or on any other forum that I know of, has taken the ground source idea that far.

-AC