View Single Post
Old 02-23-15, 02:22 PM   #507
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
...This article is as yet for me one of the most informative on the idea of LT heating including some specifics on applications Renewable Hydronic Heating | Home Power Magazine...
Yeah. John Siegenthaler is the go-to guy for radiant in North America.

I actually sat in on a free webinar by him on the subject of Renewable Hydronic Heating. It was pretty good... but somewhat of a product presentation. Some equations were presented that were very valuable, I think his target audience was contractors & installers.

In my opinion, John Siegenthaler is very intelligent, very well informed, but I think that he is constrained by local codes and building and trade practices to get out on the cutting edge (European standards). I understand, because he needs to be relevant to the current building community, otherwise no one would listen to him. I don't fault him... he has a job to do and he does it very well. But I don't think that his word is the last word in efficiency.

I asked him some questions in the webinar about ultra high efficiency, I even used the "Low-Exergy" word... he answered a few questions and finally quit because I was going too far off script.

He did say that he was writing a book on Low-Temperature Heating. I'll be interested to see what he comes up with.

-AC